Friday, January 11, 2013

How to Teach Your Child to Read the Easy Way

If you are new to homeschooling or tying to figure how to teach your child to read the easy way, I am here to tell you it does not have to be expensive. How about less than $15? And does not require a lot of time or a bunch of flash cards and learning materials. It only needs to take on book.


Hands down this is the easiest method I found for teaching my kids to read. I taught all three older girls to read with this book. No flash cards just a simple step by step program with scripted lines for parents. You don't have to hardly think but all my girls worked through this book and became excellent readers.

Early or late readers this book works either way. I taught two of the girls starting at five and one begged to learn early and was reading by four. I worked at the time and did not have time or energy for programs with lots of parts or cards or steps. Every day we could get to it, we would do one more lesson. It taught from a phonics based approach with some writing practices to be done when the lesson was completed.

I actually loaned out the book years ago and it was not returned to me so I am ordering this again to teach my youngest who is four. If she is ready we will start. Kids all learn to read at different stages.

*UPDATE..I have used this book now on as needed for 20 years. My oldest is now a RN and my second is an engineer. So don't make reading complicated especially for the struggling reader. My youngest is now 7 and we are just finishing up the book. We took it slow and I know she will be fine. Along with trips to the library and reading aloud to me, this book has taught her to read. The short lessons make it less of a struggle with a reluctant reader.

2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

I will be looking into this for my beginner reader! Thanks for the tip.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I didn't follow it to the letter, but I found it most helpful in teaching my children, too.